Do you know a little about computers? Do you like making friendships with people from all over the world? Are you patient and gracious? Then this is for you!
Volunteers are a vital part of the café. You help patrons use the computer to look for jobs (making resumes, filling out applications, searching for job leads, etc.) and practice basic computer skills.
- Volunteering requires only basic computer skills.
- You can teach basic computer skills, help run and operate the café, develop resumes, and search for jobs.
- Volunteer training readily available around your schedule.
As more people volunteer, we’ll be able to expand our services as well as our hours of operation.
How To Volunteer
1. Come join us for one day, see if you like what you see. If it’s not for you, no worries. If you have as much fun as we do, then we’ll schedule you to attend one of our volunteer orientations, offered monthly.
2. You can keep volunteering even before you’ve taken the orientation.
3. Send us the attached Volunteer Application as soon as you can.
4. Commit to a regular schedule. Since there’s a lot to learn, we ask for a minimum commitment of 2 hours per week for at least 3 months.
We’re located at 3895 Church St, Clarkston, GA 30021. Hosted inside the Clarkston International Bible Church building. Parking is in the rear of the building.
Clarkston Internet Cafe Schedule
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays 11:00am – 3:00pm.
- Saturdays 12:00pm – 3:00pm
- Twilight Hours (Feb 20 – Oct 15 ONLY), Tuesdays 5:30pm to Sunset.
During Drop-in Hours, people practice the same skills introduced at the Friday class, work on resumes, look for jobs, learn how to type, etc. Anywhere from 15-20 people come through on a typical day – most of them will stay for more than an hour, some for the entire time. Volunteers don’t have to stay the whole 4 hours – whatever works with your schedule.
Job Searching Class
- Fridays 2:00pm – 4:00pm
This class is taught by our volunteer Alyssa Wright. Students learn how to use the computer as a tool in their job search. Volunteers can review the course material ahead of time and assist teaching in small groups or one-on-one.
CLICK HERE FOR VOLUNTEER FORM
Links and Resources for Volunteers
Become a Pro in helping refugees hunt for and prepare for jobs.
$47 buys one toner cartridge.
$50 buys 100 miles of driving for “Job Hounds” to develop job leads and employer relationships for refugees
$489 provides one well-functioning computer so refugees can learn skills to find employment.