Would you like to…
- become a friend to a refugee?
- teach others not to make the same mistakes you have in the workplace?
- meet people from all over the world and learn about new language and cultures?
- develop your own computer and job skills?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then this is for you!
Volunteers are a vital part of the Café. You help patrons use the computer to look for jobs (making resumes, filling out applications, searching for job leads, etc.) and practice basic computer skills.
Volunteering requires only basic computer skills.
You can teach basic computer skills, help run and operate the café, develop resumes, and search for jobs.
Volunteer training readily available around your schedule.
As more people volunteer, we’ll be able to expand our services as well as our hours of operation.
How To Volunteer
1. Come join us for one day, see if you like what you see. If it’s not for you, no worries. If you have as much fun as we do, then we’ll schedule you to attend one of our volunteer orientations, offered monthly.
2. You can keep volunteering even before you’ve taken the orientation.
3. Complete the Volunteer Information Form.
4. Commit to a regular schedule. Since there’s a lot to learn, we ask for a minimum commitment of 2 hours per week for at least 3 months.
We’re located at 3895 Church St, Clarkston, GA 30021. Hosted inside the Clarkston International Bible Church building. Parking is in the rear of the building.
Ways to Volunteer
Walk In Job Assistance
Every Tuesday and Thursday | 2:00pm – 5:00pm
Saturdays | 12:00pm – 3:00pm
During Drop-in Hours, people work on resumes, look for jobs, learn how to type, etc. Anywhere from 15-20 people visit the internet Café on a typical day – most of them will stay for more than an hour, some for the entire time. Each volunteer will work with at least 3-4 people during open hours.
Career Coaching Sessions
Summer 2015: Thursdays and Fridays | 5:00pm – 7:00pm
Job seekers schedule a one-on-one appointment to discuss career-related goals and possible job leads connected through the Cafe. People must have their resume completed and have worked with a volunteer on a prior job related activity. Each volunteer spends 30 min to 1 hour with each scheduled appointment.
Which volunteer role best fits you?
Links and Resources for Volunteers
Sign up with Network Atlanta Community Technology
Learn how to train basic computer skills classes
Keep up with which days you volunteer
Become a Pro in helping refugees hunt for and prepare for jobs.
Do you know about a job? Help the Cafe network with local employers.
$47 buys one toner cartridge.
$50 buys 100 miles of driving for “Job Hounds” to develop job leads and employer relationships for refugees
$489 provides one well-functioning computer so refugees can learn skills to find employment.